Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions as agreed to at the time of booking
- Bookings commence at 3pm on the day of arrival and end at 9.30am on the day of departure unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
- Smoking is not permitted within the shepherd hut. If you smoke outside, please dispose of butts & matches safely in the sand buckets provided.
- Due to the risk of fire please do not use candles inside.
- Only seasoned wood supplied or purchased from ourselves is to be used in the woodburner or firepit bbq. The log basket will be left with a small amount of logs, firelighters and kindling. Additional logs & fire lighting amenities need to be purchased upon booking (in the extras section) or in cash upon arrival. The wood burner should not be kept alight overnight or when leaving for the day.
- One small well behaved dog welcome for an additional charge. Please bring bedding and towels for your pet. Please do not allow your pet on any furniture. No pet to be left alone in the shepherd hut at any time & pets must be under your control at all times. You must clean up after your pet immediately.
- A contract between you and Dreamhuts Retreat will come into existence when we receive payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the holiday price is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than six weeks before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge and the £200 refundable damage deposit.
- The balance must be paid so as to arrive no later than six weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- All cancellations must be immediately notified by telephone and then in writing. If you cancel your holiday more than 6 weeks before it is due to start then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than 6 weeks prior to the holiday then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 2 adults & 2 children and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the hut. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- We (the owner) reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representative reserve the right to enter the Shepherd Huts at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Damage deposit – In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result.
- The £200 security deposit will be returned within 5 working days of the end of your holiday less the cost of damage/breakages.
- Damage to property – Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there have been any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could replace them or advise us before you leave. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage found.
- Guests agree to leave the hut in the same clean & tidy condition as it was found on arrival. We reserve the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the guest leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The guest may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- All inventory must remain in the property it was in at arrival and not be taken to another property.
- Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- All guests agree to abide by our Noise Management Policy
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- We the owner accept no liability for any accident, injury, loss or damage sustained by any resident, family, visitors, animals, vehicles or personal effects howsoever caused.
- We accept no responsibility for possessions- inc personal possessions in the property, cars/trailers/horseboxes.
- This property is privately owned. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
- The Hot Tub & Sauna For your safety and enjoyment there are strict rules and guidelines that must be adhered to when using the hot tub & Sauna. By agreeing to these terms & conditions you are also agreeing to abide by the separate hot tub & sauna safety document & understand that is your own liability to ensure that all occupants adhere to the safety requirements. This document is available on our website & also in the guest information folder found within the shepherd hut.
Noise Management Policy
Dreamhuts Retreat is set in a peaceful rural area of the East Devon Countryside. As such it is important to us that activities here do not adversely affect any local resident’s enjoyment of the area.
Guests that choose to come and stay here, do so to enjoy the tranquility of the area. We ask that during their stay with us guests refrain from making excessive noise such as shouting or loud music. Amplifed music is not allowed on site except for small handheld devices.
Any guests found to be in breach our noise management policy will be asked to leave & their booking will be terminated. There will be no refund due & the security deposit will be kept and donated to a local charity.